Sent: Mon 2/22/2010 11:30 AM
To: jewulo; oliherz; firozachoudhury; Ben Graham
Subject: Good news!
Hello folks I have a camera and sound kit for the day, so if everyone brings their scripts we can find a quiet-ish spot at Headway East and start filming the interviews for our films.
It's the same camera I used on that BBC hospital show and whilst it's not the newest one out there, it's still of broadcast quality. Together we can talk through the technical stuff (though it's really just a fancy camcorder with a better picture and more buttons) and get cracking. I'll only have the camera for the afternoon as it's a loan (though I do have access to a camera with the same picture quality but poorer sound for a bit longer, which might be useful for non interview sequences eg. Oli cycling, Josh at a computer etc.).
The friend who lent me the camera and sound kit informs me that such cameras now cost around £500 ish second hand, so if i can source somewhere ethical maybe it's worth a future long term investment? Alternatively we could hire it off him (he uses it for work himself so while he can lend it for free today he can't really afford to lend it out for long periods for free, especially if it means losing work). I'm also talking to him about getting hold of final cut pro, a piece of editing software that works on laptops (with enough memory anfd a firewire port).
See you later
Best wishes
David Lemon
From: firoza choudhury
Sent: Tue 2/23/2010 4:15 PM
To: Ben Graham
Subject: Hello
Hey Ben,
Its was a very good full day yesterday, (which is why very fatigued today). Really good to get some filming done, really spurred me on to want to get going with it, would be good to get equipment soon.
Thanks for offering to email me Welcome Trust funding app, that's fine, can have a look at it, still have the Co -op one to complete, really need to keep going with that, which I will do.
Think I will be seeing you at the dance marathon next, see u then, then
Take care
Firoza
Sent: Tue 2/23/2010 4:15 PM
To: Ben Graham
Subject: Hello
Hey Ben,
Its was a very good full day yesterday, (which is why very fatigued today). Really good to get some filming done, really spurred me on to want to get going with it, would be good to get equipment soon.
Thanks for offering to email me Welcome Trust funding app, that's fine, can have a look at it, still have the Co -op one to complete, really need to keep going with that, which I will do.
Think I will be seeing you at the dance marathon next, see u then, then
Take care
Firoza
No comments:
Post a Comment